Sunday, September 8, 2013

Am I an athlete?

In sports, people are often called athletes. But what makes someone an athlete? Is it because they are a starter? Or is it because they have good stamina? I honestly don't know the answer. But from what I have seen, It looks like someone is an athlete when they know and can do a little bit of everything. For example: Chase Hansen was an athlete because he had endurance, stamina, raw talent and he was just super human. But what made him an athlete in my eyes was the fact that he also played basketball. They way he can be so successful in two sports is an incredible accomplishment.

An athlete doesn't have to play more than one sport though. They can excel in one sport and just be and overall athlete. The dictionary says and athlete is: a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise. So I guess if you are good at sports then you are an athlete.

So are you an athlete? Are we all? Or is it an accomplishment that few people get? Or is it an opinion? 

That is for you to decide. 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love when the kid asks, "Do you think I'm an athlete?" in The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

    ReplyDelete